Location: Corinth, MS, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019
Join the team that literally helps build a better world. We’re looking for sharp, communications – savvy interns to join our communications team this summer!
About Caterpillar: We are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We also offer cutting edge technologies and business services that help our customers build the roads, buildings and infrastructure around the world.
About the Job: Communication interns are placed in one of our business divisions and work with fun, energetic teams and leaders to develop internal and external communications. Caterpillar interns are challenged with real world projects and assignments that add value and develop professional skills. While with us, a communication intern is typically involved in the following:
- Working with leaders to build and execute creative communication plans and strategies
- Writing and copy editing internal and external communications
- Supporting website strategy and video production
- Creating eye-catching visual communications
- Organizing events and engaging with the local community
Our work environment is friendly, fast-paced and constantly changing. If you want to help us do the work that helps our customers build a better world, apply!
Summer 2020: May 18, 2020 – August 7, 2020
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks.
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
- - Comprehensive internship orientation
- - Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- - Product Demonstrations
- - Various social events
- - Networking with leadership
- - Intern roundtable discussions
- - Business skill building
- - Career discussion with leaders and experts
- - Resume and Interview workshop
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume, writing / project samples and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
· Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, four-year accredited college or university or graduate school in one of the following degree programs: communications, marketing or business
· Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
· Expected graduation: December 2020 and beyond
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Stream, Teams, etc.
Top candidates will also have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Previous internship experience in communications, marketing or business
· Visual communications experience; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.