Location: Wamego, KS, United States
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2019
Join the team that helps build a better world. We’re looking for sharp, communications – savvy interns to join our communications team this summer!
About Caterpillar: We are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We also offer cutting edge technologies and business services that help our customers build the roads, buildings and infrastructure around the world.
About the Job: Communication interns are placed in one of our business divisions and work with fun, energetic teams and leaders to develop internal and external communications. Caterpillar interns are challenged with real world projects and assignments that add value and develop professional skills. While with us, a communication intern is typically involved in the following:
- Working with leaders to build and execute creative communication plans and strategies
- Writing and copy editing internal and external communications
- Supporting website strategy and video production
- Creating eye-catching visual communications
- Organizing events and engaging with the local community
Our work environment is friendly, fast-paced and constantly changing. If you want to help us do the work that helps our customers build a better world, apply!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume, writing / project samples and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
· Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, four-year accredited college or university or graduate school in one of the following degree programs: communications, marketing or business
· Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
Expected graduation: December 2020 and beyond
· Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Stream, Teams, etc.
Must be able to work 20 hours a week
Top candidates will also have:
· Previous Caterpillar internship experience in communications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Visual communications experience; proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.