For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation is the financial arm of Caterpillar Inc and we are looking for talent and motivated Collections professionals. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with offices and subsidiaries located throughout North and South America, Asia, Australia and Europe. Cat Financial help our customers and dealers succeed through financial service excellence.
As a Sales Manager, you will increase the level of dealer usage of products and services of Caterpillar Financial Services (CFSC) and Caterpillar Insurance (CISC) by developing and implementing the marketing strategy for the region office through the work of the sales and marketing staff.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may vary, but include one or more of the following:
1. Directs a staff responsible for the marketing plan achievement for the Subsidiary.
2. Develops the annual business plans.
3. Allocates appropriate resources.
4. Monitors and reports region office performance against plan.
5. Identifies training and development needs of the staff and implements an annual training program.
6. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with dealers and corporate marketing divisions through regular visits and communication.
7. Provides coordination between subsidiary office marketing staff and subsidiary office credit/operations staff in order to ensure timely disposition of new business.
8. Provides coordination between subsidiary office staff and headquarters to ensure timely and accurate communication of marketing needs, programs, and competitive environments.
9. Identifies and provides direction on large lease/finance transactions including structuring and closing transactions as required.
10. Identifies and develops new finance/lease opportunities for CFSC and develop marketing programs to pursue those opportunities.
11. Evaluates individual lease/finance transactions to establish a structured pricing strategy and to monitor subsidiary office use of discretionary discounting.
12. Evaluates transactions, customer size and credit strength, dollar value of transactions, dealer profit level, competitive pricing, finance competition, whether or not sale is dependent on financing, and to determine whether to authorize or deny discretionary discount.
13. Ensures timely completion of equipment audits and participates in re-marketing of returned repossessed equipment.
14. Develops marketing strategies that assist the Territory Managers in promoting Caterpillar Insurance Services products.
15. Assists CISC staff in developing a working relationship with dealer personnel in order to
facilitate the selling of insurance products.
16. Oversees the training the credit/customer services staff at the subsidiary office in order to ensure they have a working knowledge of insurance services.
17. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
18. Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, applies them in all aspects of management and maintains an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
19. Responsible for training of the staff.