Build a career—or three or four different ones.
Wherever your passion lies—chemical, electrical, material, mechanical, metallurgical and more—you’ll find a home here. Engineers work in virtually every area of our company. As a product development engineer, you might research emerging technologies, design new machines and engines, create software solutions, or test and validate product designs.
The Large Power System Division currently has a Design Engineer located in Mossville, IL. In this role, you will successfully To direct and participate in the concept and design of complex engineering product or process projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
This position is responsible for developing and validating cooling components in accordance with the NPI and APQP processes to improve performance, reliability, durability, and costs for new and existing products. Responsibilities include current product issue resolution, collaborating extensively with supplier in design and development activities, creating technical specifications, conducting design FMEA's, developing component DVP&R's, representing formal design reviews, procuring prove design hardware, coordinating validation testing and analysis activities cost reduction activities, and releasing drawings and solid models.
Success factors for the Engineer – Design include demonstrating excellent analytical skills and a mastery of engineering concepts. Major challenges facing incumbents are meeting goals for cost, reliability, and performance, and managing multiple priorities. This position must keep up-to-date on changing customer needs as the project progresses, stay current with new technology.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of engineering experience with component design and validation
Top Candidates Qualifications:
- Flexibility and willingness to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Diesel engine component design experience
- Supplier collaboration experience
Strong communication skills
- Ability to work complex projects with many inputs and the ability to define actionable plans
- Good understanding of the Caterpillar NPI and CPI process
- This position will be located in Mossville, IL
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- This positing will close Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 11:59 CST PM
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.