This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Facilitating, generating and executing great user experiences, (both online and offline) for customers and dealers by both leveraging existing applications and platforms and supporting new implementations. To develop seamless end-to-end customer experiences that eliminate current pain points by leveraging different tools, platforms and applications across all Cat business units. Incumbents are customer centric, have a sound understanding of digital, technology, Caterpillar industries and customer workflow and execute to deliver measurable business results around Purchase, Operate, and Support experiences.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Depending on the Division,
position may directly impact or highly influence a portion of one or more of the following annually:
- $2-3B in attributable prime product revenue
- $1-2B in online parts sales
- 100K-2M connected assets
- 250K+ leads
- $10-15M in Operating Expenses
The role has responsibility to design and ensure the successful implementation of digital and physical experiences that transform how customers interact with the Cat brand, products, and services. Individuals will have deep domain knowledge of solid design and user experience principles along with a deep understanding of customers and their processes. This role will work alongside technical, commercial, and leadership to translate business needs and technical requirements into compelling information architecture, interaction models, task flows, and UI experiences for multiple device platforms (responsive web, mobile, tablet, wearable devices, physical) while using data to collaboratively work with partners to define and deliver the best solution for the customer and Caterpillar.
· Engage in discovery and research of voice of customer, customer needs, analytics, and requirements across industries and customer roles to deliver an end-to-end, holistic customer experience.
· Lead the evolution of the Customer Experience, developing the Customer Experience portfolio, roadmap, and reference architecture.
· Integrate roadmaps with application product plans to drive towards common, unified experiences to drive adoption.
· Interact with a cross-functional team and drive customer experience strategy and best practices to implement applications and platforms while maintaining a cohesive end-to-end experience.
· Accountable to deliver end-to-end projects, working through the many obstacles along the way across multiple teams, roles (UI/UX designers, business analysts, product owners, etc) and organizations through diligent planning, attention to detail, communications, and efficient decision making.
· Strong passion and hands-on technical experience with the ability to produce proof of concept service designs and/or drive the creation of artifacts by domain architects and implement personas, journey maps, storyboards, etc.
· Innovative peer-leadership with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with customer facts, data and persuasion.
· Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges and identify executable solutions.
· Effectively collaborate with other eBusiness CX architects, technical architects and data/content owners to define elements needed to deliver the experience.
· Responsible for establishing design guidelines (DEG) and best practices (design strategies) to be used across ecosystem; provide work direction/oversight to guideline auditors to govern design guidelines.
· Stay current with innovative improvements/processes available in the larger world of experience design.
Typical groups this position will interact with include business partners responsible for individual elements of a customers’ experience (product groups, content area, etc) as well as vendors hired by these business partners. In addition this position will work directly with dealers and end customers. These interactions stretch across the entirety of Caterpillar’s business model and organization. In addition this person may have direct relationships with Global Product Owners (GPO), Marketing/Product Support Managers, and Directors of various organizations, both internal and external.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. Communications for needed investments, architectural changes, or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to deliver the best experience possible.
· Common Skills: Leadership, Team working, Inter-personal and Influential skills. Strong self-starter with demonstrated great organizational and time management skills. Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the eventual right outcomes.
· Business Skills & Methods: - Use case development, business process mapping, strategic planning.
· User Experience – User Experience, UI design, usability, persona creation, Customer Value Mapping (CVM)
· Program or Project Management Skills: - Managing business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
· IT General Knowledge Skills: - integration and web service knowledge, platform usage knowledge. Ability to understand business needs, system requirements, customer motivations and behaviors and translate them into deliverable tasks. Experience with Agile and related methodologies to accelerate decisions and outcomes while minimizing risk
• 4-year College / University Degree
• 5+ years of progressively related experience in Customer Experience Architect
• 5 + years of previous Web Design experience
• 5 + customer requirements gathering from intel and transform into customer experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple
disciplines is also beneficial.
• Good technical, communication and influential skills are required.
• Incumbent should have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards and procedures, with
broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.