This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nishi-ku Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-Ken, Japan
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2019
When you are a Product Support Specialist Representative at Perkins, you will contribute to enhanced customer loyalty through effective understanding of the Perkins and Cat Distribution Network and direct OEM customer base.
You will provide the distribution team critical customer requirements that need to be addressed to ensure distributor product support growth through effective service capability and efficiency in each market segment.
You will be recognized as the lead in major issue management from a Product Support perspective.
You will grow the business profitably by increasing parts sales & revenue through the Perkins distribution network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Liaise among distributors, customers and other Caterpillar/Perkins personnel and divisions.* Advise on and recommend ways to enhance customer loyalty.
* Create and promote programs that increase Service Business Sales and maximize price realization and profit margins in the distribution network.
* Assist distributors in business planning including and on effectiveness of meeting expected service business results.
* Advise on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures (i.e. recommend ways to enhance customer satisfaction through training, customer support agreements, etc).
* Consult with distributors on process improvement methods and assist with process evaluation.
* Apply decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, warranty policy, etc.
* Provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* Stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Perkins / Cat distribution and customer needs.
Key Focus Areas:
OEM Product Support account management.
Distributor Product Support account management.
Major issue management.
Product Support distribution development lead.
* High level of product knowledge capability and good mechanical aptitude and analytical ability.
* An Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
* 5 to 10 years of product related and/or field experience.
* The ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* Track record of working with engines and engine systems.
* Ability to repair and replace mechanical components on engines
* Logical approach to trouble shooting and understanding potential root cause of engine problems.
* Ability to use electronic diagnostic tools, software calibration tools