This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nishi-ku Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa-Ken, Japan
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019
As a Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for following, identifying, evaluating, documenting, communicating and correcting specific engineering and workmanship deficiencies on all products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Become familiar with the products and travel to dealerships and locations where the product is being used.
* Determine the scope of existing defects, request engineering changes or manufacturing modifications to correct problems, and work through applicable departments to effect changes.
* Achieve practical solutions to product defects and problems by providing accurate, up-to-date field failure information which you will summarize and communicate to engineering, quality and manufacturing.
* Participate in the collection of reliability information used to set design goals and to quantitatively evaluate product reliability. All reports and documents, along with conclusions and recommendations, will be relayed to engineering and other company areas.
* Inspect parts returned for warranty claims; gives advice and guidance to engineers;
* Produce lessons learned documents and technical guides to ensure that learning is shared with wider team to enhance team performance.
* Act as an SME in a specific area of expertise or product range, supporting wider team or customers with deep knowledge in that area.
* Maintain tooling, equipment and consumable items in good order, ensuring tooling is safe, calibrated and adequate to perform duties.
* Test and validate documents, manuals and product information is accurate and relative to the products delivering high quality feedback to improve documentation.
* Be responsive to customer requirements as they arise. Demonstrate flexibility to respond to short notice travel requests both locally and across the region as required.
* Take control of high tension situations bringing clarity, data and facts to enable good decision making and clear direction to problem solving.
* Create and deliver both high level and detailed presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Manage workload and set priorities to meet customer and IPSD requirements without direct supervision.
* High level of product knowledge capability and good mechanical aptitude and analytical ability.
* An Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
* 5 to 10 years of product related and/or field experience.
* The ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* Track record of working with engines and engine systems.
* Ability to repair and replace mechanical components on engines
* Logical approach to trouble shooting and understanding potential root cause of engine problems.
* Ability to use electronic diagnostic tools, software calibration tools