As an Logistics Operations Manager at Caterpillar, you will assist in management of a distribution facility serving a Cat Logistics (CL) client operation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the manager, who is responsible to meet client needs and achieve profitability objectives of the CL Account(s), with office and storeroom operations ensuring client contract requirements are achieved or exceeded. Manage storeroom operations to maximize layout, processes and culture related to receiving, storing, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inventory counts, etc.
* Serve as liaison to facility operations management and CL Account team. Determine information services requirements for client, seek assistance of the manager as necessary. Recommend changes, assist in continuous improvement initiatives for warehousing processes and implements new systems/processes.
* Communicate and maintain a culture of open relationships with associates. Assist supervisors in answering associate concerns/complaints. Determine and implement staffing levels for assignment completion. Participate in recruiting and screening routines for new employees. Ensure employees are thoroughly trained in processes and business practices/policies.
* Support purchases of indirect material suppliers and capital items required for daily operations. Assume responsibility for operations in absence of manager and is typically critical to a successful startup of new operations. Responsible for operational updates, written and oral reports and operations summaries.
* Extensive experience in all aspects of warehouse operations including previous staff and supervisory experience.
* Ability to work with Caterpillar and client managers.
* Good communication and analytical skills.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.