Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for you if you are interested in a Payroll Processing Specialist position. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timeously, whilst ensuring that procedures are in place to provide strong internal controls ensuring good governance in the payroll.
* Remain current on new legislation and regulatory rulings impacting on payroll and reporting requirements.
* Enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on required actions.
* Evaluate and analyse existing payroll policies and procedures; draft, propose and implement changes and/or quality control measures leading to best practice operations.
* Process correct garnishee calculations and compliance.
* Run the payroll interface inclusive of General Ledger, Leave provision, and 3rd party payments.
* Administration of reimbursements to employees.
* Balance and reconcile payroll related payments and deductions to reports produced via the VIP system prior to transmission in order to validate confirmed reports.
* Timely review and sign off on all required payroll and tax reconciliations.
* Prepare and submit legislative returns such as SARS, SDL, and UIF
* Prepare accurately and timely reports as required by the Finance and Human Resources Departments
* Carry out self-audits on the master payroll schedule Check Bank Control Account reconciliations
* Monitoring and reconciliation of all salary and share bank accounts
* Responsible to resolve General Ledger queries from Finance
* Reconciliation and submission of Employee benefits.
* Manage the interface of Employee benefits with the 3rd parties.
* Ensure reconciliations are done to match the records of the 3rd parties
* Maintenance and accurate capturing of Leave records. Advise the Human Resources Department should a problem be identified in terms of excessive sick and unpaid leave taken by an employee
* Prepare and distribute IRP5 certificates by 31 March of each year.
* Provide the training and mentorship needed for all facets of payroll management to staff
* 5 to 10 years experience processing payroll
* 5 years experience of being responsible for the full payroll function - management of payroll function
* Advanced experience and knowledge of VIP and VIP reporting including HRM modules
* 5 Years experience on Sage VIP People modules
* Working knowledge of payroll best practices
* Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements
* Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
* Able to create reports
* Computer skills in Word, Excel (ability to create own spreadsheets)
* Interpersonal Skills
* Able to prioritise and excellent time management skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.