For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
As a Marketing Representative, you will begin your development in a 4-month Marketing Training Class. Following the training class, you will enter rotational assignments tailored to an industry or distribution service (dealer development) career path. Rotational assignments will be focused on developing industry and product application knowledge as well as a strong understanding of the Caterpillar Dealer network. This is an entry-level position designed to build the employees skill sets within a specific industry and to help prepare them for future rep positions.
Possible placements for rotational assignments include but are not limited to:
* Sales/Market Development (Industry/Parts Sales Path) – Analyze sales opportunities, review pricing practices, assist with new product information releases, and develop competitive analysis for the assigned industry. You will also be involved with the development of marketing strategies for assigned rotational workgroup/industry.
* Process Development and Implementation (Dealer Operations Path) – You will assist/lead projects related to global dealer operational excellence, working closely with Caterpillar Distribution Service Divisions.
* Service Tech Support (Industry Service Path) – You will develop a strong understanding of product application and proper maintenance practices and be able to articulate product issues as well as proposed solutions. You will rotate through Global Product groups in order to develop a network of service engineering teams to assist with product/application questions. You will be expected to understand Caterpillar warranty/goodwill policies and apply them effectively in support of field related issues.
You will rotate through any of the above areas during your developmental phase as well as a dealer location to gain additional experience. Following completion of the rotational assignments (approximately 36 months), you will move to a field based position supporting Caterpillar Dealers and customers.
While the primary position is based in Peoria, IL candidates will be considered for multiple positions located throughout the United States and have the expectation to rotate throughout the country in order to gain additional experience.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
* Currently attending a 4-year accredited university/college or have completed a minimum Bachelors degree in one of the following degree programs: Marketing, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Engineering or Engineering Technology or other related business/engineering degrees. All applicants must have degree in-hand prior to start date.
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding).
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50 – 70%).
* Must be willing to relocate domestically/internationally based upon business need.
* Good communication, leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Previous technical internship or entry-level marketing experience.
* Demonstrated technical and non-technical aptitudes.
* Intermediate proficiency with any of the following equipment:
- Construction Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Diesel Engines
- Natural Gas Engines
- On-Highway Trucks
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.