This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Oct 22, 2019
Electronically create and update new and revised parts information for Expanded mining products to be delivered to dealers, customers, and internal users via print, Disconnected solutions or via the Service Information System (SIS) & Next Gen SIS.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This position reports to a Technical Information Solutions Manager. Customers may include Caterpillar customers, dealers, internal Caterpillar organizations (service centres and/or worldwide business units), suppliers, and other business partners. This role is responsible for accuracy and completeness of assigned Parts & Graphic information by established deadlines.
- Performs all duties without close supervision. However, more complex assignments may require closer supervision and assistance.
- Follows department standards and guidelines to prepare and compile parts information of varying degrees of complexity pending Engineering Change request and create or revise Parts & Graphic information.
- Receives direction and incoming work from Product group for Expanded mining products
- Works with business process partners for parts serviceability requirements.
- Assists with training and mentoring of less senior staff
- Has direct impact on parts sales through the development of quality parts information
- Actively participates in team and role-based meetings
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Understanding of Caterpillar product structure and organization of Caterpillar parts information
- A high degree of accountability and initiative
- Must possess the ability and willingness to positively and proactively support changes in tools and processes; the will to succeed; the assertiveness to accomplish goals, the initiative to put forth extra effort when required; and an overall understanding of the Caterpillar organization
- Strong human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department
- Professional communication skills are required, as the position is in frequent contact with people outside the workgroup to provide or obtain information.
- Knowledge on Expanded mining products (Hydraulic mining shovel, Rotary Drills and Electric rope shovel)
- Graphics visualization skills
- Working Experience with Non-CAT release system
- Understanding of engineering and parts information databases, such as EDS, NPR, HVC; experience reading/interpreting engineering files and blueprints.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.