Mining Equipment Management Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Midrand, State Not Specified, South Africa
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2019
Caterpillar is excited to offer an opportunity for a Mining Equipment Management Engineer to support our African Region; Dealers and Customers in order to improve Mining Machines Performance reducing total cost of ownership and meeting production targets.
You will be part of the Mining Equipment Management Team working to providing Stewardship to mine sites across the Asia Pacific, Africa and Australia with primary focus on Africa. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your skills, learn and provide support to mine sites with:
Mine Site Assessments (Application, Maintenance, Contractual relationship)
Maintenance & Repair Processes
Maintenance Strategy References
Haul Road Analysis
Equipment Management Training Workshops
Best Practices – Implementation and Development
Continuous Improvement Processes
Facility Planning Advice
In this role and providing these services, you will learn about mining equipment and engage with customers across their mining operation learning to identify areas for improvement that result in significant value for our customers. The relationships and skills you develop through this position will set you up for success throughout your Caterpillar career.
• Engineering Degree preferably in Mechanical or Mining Engineering
• You will have previous working experience where you were required to demonstrate your team work skills and ability to learn and adapt.
• Must be willing to travel extensively up to 50% covering the African Territory.
• The position is to be based from the Caterpillar Office in Johannesburg.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbally
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.