This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Larne, ANT, United Kingdom
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2019
Job Title: Compatibility Engineer
Location: Larne, Northern Ireland
Benefits: 25 days annual leave
Contributory pension scheme
Contributory share scheme
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As a Compatibility Engineer you will be accountable for collaborative creation and maintenance of SAP variant configuration and SAP variant super BOMs on multiple systems (eSAP, CBS SAP, EOMP, GSOL) with high impact on multiple brands (F.G. Wilson brand(s), Olympian brand, Caterpillar brand) and multiple facilities (U.S., N.I., China, India, Brazil) for our Retail product range.
This role requires increasing levels of peer-reviewed compatibility technical expertise as well as collaboration, accountability, and interpersonal competencies and represents a shift to fully contributing in projects that are complex and challenging in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborates with product group engineers and product definition to interpret price books and available literature such as engineering drawings and product brochures to determine the optimum structure to configure a finished product to a high quality standard for the relevant market segment.
* Variant configuration for standard and Design to Order product.
* Create logic on SAP and panel flashing software to create Control Panel Build Orders and to enable operations to load control panels with accurate data as specified by the customer.
* Active participation in NPI, engineering change and other projects to offer knowledge, expert advice and to commit to VC and BOM task durations.
* Adhere to the control standards set by the Master Data Support Engineer.
* Provide rapid resolution of production critical and dealer facing issues and thorough root cause analysis to ensure permanent corrective action is in place.
* Use technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process.
* Communicate highly complex, technical information to non-technical personnel to ensure the successful identification of root cause and corrective action.
* Accurate analysis and translation of business and customer requirements into system requirements to enable successful implementation of product change reflective in both the dealer facing sales systems and the manufacturing execution systems.
* Communicate risks associated with different approaches to product introduction and change.
* Participates in one or more continuous improvement projects.
* Travel or international travel as required to support pilots in the build facility or to collaborate with engineers during the releasing process to ensure satisfactory communication of product change and data processes on the global facility level.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Significant experience in SAP Variant Configuration or related configuration solutions.
* Previous technical experience in ERP systems and Caterpillar’s engineering-to-release methodologies.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills.
* Familiarity with Caterpillar functional areas, policies and procedures
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Close Date: 15th September 2019