Caterpillar Oil, Gas
& Marine Division currently has an opening for an Engineering Manager
supporting Remanufactured engines located at the Cardinal Drive facility
in Corinth, Mississippi. The Salvage Development Engineering Manager in Caterpillar Reman is a high visibility position leading the Salvage Technology development and applied projects supporting all global Reman plants. (Salvage is applying technology to restore end-of-life components to Caterpillar specifications to complete another life cycle.) The position interfaces with plant managers and general managers throughout Caterpillar Reman. This is a highly technical leadership position that leads 7-10 engineers and 1 operations supervisor with hourly organization of 15-25 people. This position manages a $4M departmental budget for the Salvage Development operation, coordinates a $2M PAC2 development budget, leads the Reman global Salvage Development portfolio of projects that delivers $10-15M annual incremental profit improvement, is a key point of contact for dealers and coordinates $8-10M annual off-shift production in the Salvage Development area to maximize machining asset usage.
· Leading the Salvage Development project portfolio through the salvage development engineers and technician-led projects. This requires excellent leadership and followup skills to lead engineers through project planning, validation, technology development,capital acquisition and production implementation.
· Planning, prioritization, and management of PAC2 spending with the Tech Center on applied technology salvage projects run by PD>
· Leadership of the Reman Technology Strategy to support the current and future product lines and global leader profiles across the division
· Coordination of the salvage development engineers who lead the Technical Communities across Reman. These communities are a very important people development and project replication method across the division. Communities include: Cleaning Processes,Laser Metal Deposition, Thermal Sprays, Welding, Machining, Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Validation.
· Coordination with Reman Product Engineering and operations organizations to plan salvage projects, complete validation requirements, acquire tooling and capital, and implement salvage processes in production through the manufacturing engineering organizations in the plants
· Manage scheduling of off-shift production supporting MS Reman with Salvage Development machines
· Support salvage development tours for Reman University, dealer, and customer groups
· Collaborate with CSSD Repair Process Engineering to create and improve dealer repair processes
This position requires an accredited Engineering bachelor’s degree with at least 12-15 years of engineering experience.
Experience in engines, design, validation, and NPI are required.
Strong supervisory team leadership experience is required and advanced program management skills are critical.
Demonstrated EOS and MGL success are required.
This position is required to interface effectively with all levels of employees from hourly to Caterpillar Executive management, interface across Caterpillar business units and frequently interact with organizations external to Caterpillar including dealers, customers and suppliers.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
Must have excellent communication and organization skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies,new applications, or potential solutions.
Experience in metal deposition technologies, machining and manufacturing processes are highly desired.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who
now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and
immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job
opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities,
females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.