For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc., has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments – Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation – and provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar's Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain Management internships are focused on building technical and professional competencies in our order to delivery function across North America. These internships provide opportunities to build expertise and make an impact to the organization in roles that support our critical manufacturing, operations, supply chain, quality, and logistics teams. These challenging internships also allow for development in material planning, inventory management, packaging, machining, assembly, supply chain management, and countless others.
Summer Session 2019 runs from May 18, 2020 – August 7, 2020
*This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks.
Besides making a difference in the order to delivery function, you will also experience:
Comprehensive and engaging internship orientation
Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
Various social and charitable events
Networking and presentations with leadership
Intern roundtable discussions
Business skill building
Career discussion with leaders and experts
Resume and Interview workshop
Applicants will be considered for available positions at participating facilities throughout North America.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters – whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide – building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy – and that work is powered by our people.
Every single Caterpillar employee moves our company forward. Piece by piece, part by part, person by person. Together we create sustainable, world-changing solutions that impact lives around the globe. Join our winning team and help build a better world.
Internship Program Qualifications:
Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Systems Management
- Business Administration/Management with a focus/minor in Supply Chain, Statistics, Math or Logistics
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- General Engineering
- Industrial Distribution
- Industrial Engineering/Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Manufacturing Engineering/Technology
- Manufacturing Systems
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering/Technology
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Systems Management
- Minimum 2.8/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
- Expected graduation date is December 2020 or beyond
- Must have 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university prior to start of internship or currently participating in a Caterpillar student program and will be attending a 4-year university beginning Fall 2020
- Must be able to relocate to indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
- Involvement in leadership, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous experience, co-op, or internship in a manufacturing or supply chain organization
- Strong communication, teamwork, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit of critical thinking, analytical skills, and initiative
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit