We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) currently has an opening for a Program Specialist located in the Morton, IL facility. As a program specialist you will work within the PSLD transformation team as a subject matter expert to define project scope and develop a charter/6 pack for each project provided. This role will be critical in supporting Workstream Leads to quickly and efficiently define, measure, and analyze gaps, tasks, and processes that will drive strategic and financial results. In larger projects, this role may require the individual to develop, train, coach and lead project team members.
- Lead and execute multiple Black Belt projects and initiatives in an agile environment to improve business processes that drive strategic and financial results.
- Effectively coordinate projects with other project teams both internally to PSLD, as well as with Cross-Vertical members in RI, CI, E&T.
- Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members.
- Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and business strategy. Track and report on project goals, objectives and metrics against targets. Assist Transformation Workstream Leads in determining priority and project type (BB lead, GB facilitated, employee or workgroup initiative).
- Typical internal customers include a Department or Business/Service Unit in a Division. The position's primary customers are internal. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before submission to Workstream Lead as possible solution. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key goals including OPACC-C commitments internal to PSLD as well as across enterprise verticals. The position works to develop innovative processes or methods to best use resources or technology in meeting the quality goals.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience
- 1-3 years of previous black belt experience
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Positive track record with executive presence and presenting in front of groups to succinctly problem solve and create solutions are a key differentiator for a candidate.
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience in supply chain operations
- Experience in commercial or marketing roles
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.