For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Finance Internship Program Details:
During the Corporate Finance Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience and contribute to real world projects in one or more of the following areas including: Corporate Cash Management, Employee Benefits Fund Management, Foreign Exchange/Commodities Risk Management, Corporate Funding, Accounts Receivables or Supplier Finance. As a finance intern, you will perform the same tasks as our Entry Level Finance Analysts.
Spring 2020: 1/6/2020 - 4/24/2020
Summer 2020: 5/18/2020 - 8/7/2020
Fall 2020: 8/17/2020 - 12/4/2020
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks in the summer and 16 weeks in the spring and fall.
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
* Comprehensive internship orientation
* Travel Reimbursement
* Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
* Product Demonstrations
* Various social events
* Networking with leadership
* Intern roundtable discussions
* Business skill building
* Career discussion with leaders and experts
* Resume and Interview workshop
* Paid holidays
* And more!
Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your application.
* Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in a Finance degree program.
* Minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Finance GPA & Cumulative GPA).
* 12 completed semester hours at a 4-year university prior to start of internship or currently participating in a Caterpillar student program and will be attending a 4-year university beginning Spring 2020
* If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university
* Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Previous finance internship and/or work experience.
* Completed junior year of finance coursework by the start of internship
* Strong initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Leadership involvement in student associations.
* Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.