Caterpillar’s Hydraulic Mining Shovels (HMS), a department within
Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking a Project Manager
for Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) projects to be located at the
Caterpillar Tucson Mining Center in Tucson, AZ. HMS engineers, manufactures and
assembles the largest Hydraulic Shovels operated in the mining industry
Our strong, experienced and international team develops and implements product
improvements for our Hydraulic Shovels working closely with Caterpillar design engineers,
service engineers, supply chain partners, field representatives and dealers.
As a CPI Black Belt at HMS,
you will have a significant impact on HMS´ success while making it a safer
place to work, improving the company´s ability to meet customer expectations,
improving quality, reducing cycle time and increasing profits.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional teams to address product
problems to reduce number of defects and warranty cost
- Lead multiple CPI (Continuous Product Improvement)
projects concurrently, including complex (multiple design controls or
organizations) and high commercial impact projects.
- Be accountable for the on-time execution of the CPI fix-it
process following the DMAIC approach incl. but not limited to root cause
analysis, development and implementation of interim/permanent corrective actions
together with technical specialists/suppliers/operations.
- Conduct and lead (statistical) analysis by applying 6 Sigma
tools such as Weibull, Pareto or Ishikawa.
- Report out on the status of CPI projects during global
internal and external stakeholder updates.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in an Engineering or Technology field
- 6+ years of experience in design engineering, product
service engineering, project management, or as a field Technical Representative
- Experience in project management and team leadership
within an international company/environment combined with excellent
Top candidates will also have:
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities. Ability to draw insights from data to make quick, well informed decisions.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications
- 6 Sigma Black Belt training
- 3+ years of CPI Team Leader or 6 Sigma Black Belt
experience leading complex projects
- Ability to build strong relationships with various
stakeholders and strong business acumen
- Distinct customer focus