Job Title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
Salary: £27,632.96 + shift premium Afternoons 20% and Nights 27%
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Bonus, Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website (discounts & offers)
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Hours: Full Time - 37.50 – multi-shift: Days - Mon - Thur 06:30 – 15:00, Fri 6:30 – 12:00, Afternoons Mon - Wed 13:30 – 23:30, Thu 13:30 - 23:00, Fri - Off, Nights - no immediate need but must be able to complete if required by the business.
Travel: Not required
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Friday 4 October
Job Reference: 19000679
Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be providing maintenance support to the facility, we are looking for a multi skilled craftsmen, (either bias) who has experience working in an industrial / manufacturing environment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining equipment and using a computerised maintenance system
- Responding to equipment breakdowns and completing repairs to equipment
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions on industrial/assembly equipment, machinery and building as required
- Perform preventative maintenance as per schedules
- Order replacement parts and stocks
- Adhere to the company's Health and Safety policy and safe working practices
- Adhere to Caterpillar's Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork & Sustainability
- Undertake training/further learning as required
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Established experience as a
Maintenance Technician in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Accredited apprenticeship
- Multi-skilled in both electrical & mechanical functions will be preferred
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
- Fully flexible approach to the job role and responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures
- Good problem solving skills, necessary to get to the root cause of issues
- Willing to work a multi-shift system
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Experience in using PLC based systems would be an advantage, specifically Siemens S7.
- Experience operating Scada system.
- DC/AC drives
- Experience on automated stores crane systems a major advantage.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
To apply for this position please visit Log onto Caterpillar Careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers) > Careers > Search and apply > Experienced Professionals > paste the job number from then advert into the search box and then follow the application process.