Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: Team Jupiter is Hiring! We need a Business Data Analyst! Will you embrace that challenge?
Jupiter is an Enterprise Tool whose mission is to maximize parts OPACC through use of one enterprise analysis methodology.
The Jupiter Team mission is to Enable Deployment by Insights and Provide Impactful and Actionable Insights to drive Jupiter Adoption and Data-driven culture across the organization while further develop the Tool capabilities to optimize fact-based decisions and ultimately increase parts OPACC-C.
At the Interface of Business, Analytics and Data engineering, the Business Data Analyst is a key player to connect these three worlds together.
The Business Data Analyst main mission is to answer strategic business questions from internal customers using various datasets, digging into the data lake, creating meaningful presentations and charts to drive fact-based strategic decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Insights creation to drive various groups to make data-driven decisions: this will include, not only Jupiter dataset but all Aftermarket data lake and beyond
2. Extensive Communication to drive data driven decision making concerning OPACC-C growth
3. Analytics support of key strategic projects
4. Improvement, enhancement and development of Jupiter dataset based on user feedback, research, external projects progress
5. Drive processes improvement and automation of Jupiter data sources within business process owners & data owners
6. Coordination with Data Engineering Team to productionize any change to the industry standards
7. Coordination with Analytics Team to include any Dataset Innovation update into Jupiter
8. Jupiter users support and training
The Business Data Analyst demonstrates very good communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with data but at the same being able to talk with Data Engineers on some technical details.
Additionally, he or she should also exhibit strong planning and organization, proactivity, and a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar Inc., its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and the external environment in which it competes.
1. Like working in a challenging yet rewarding analytical international environment
2. Truly believe that data can be translated into valuable and monetized insights
3. Like helping internal customers beyond initial requirements
4. Want to grow and acquire new skills
Do not hesitate to apply!
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Travel Requirement is 10%
1. Bachelor's degree required
2. 2+ years of Excel Advanced usage (Pivot Tables, VLookups)
3. 2+ years in business analytics-based roles
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
1. Track record of getting things done
2. Fast learner
3. Excellent analytical skills: ability to interpret data to solve business issues & vulgarize results for a large and diverse audience
4. Ability to manipulate data and create meaningful charts (visualization) which are understandable to the Business
5. Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
6. Willingness to do the extra mile to satisfy customers
7. Ability to ask the right questions when customers are not sure about their needs and wanted outcomes
8. Ability to translate business requirements to a Data Engineer
9. Ability to dig into a data lake and found answers for customers
10. Ability to work independently and reach out in a timely and relevant manner
11. Good communication & presentation skills
12. Ability to influence other groups and teams
13. Aftermarket understanding
14. Basic programming skills – SQL basic level
15. Ability to be autonomous in a database environment
16. Ability to manage project from A to Z in an independent manner and to prioritize tasks
17. Ability to validate thoroughly results while delivering in time
18. Alteryx, Tableau, Excel & Powerpoint expert level - any data visualization software
19. SQL advanced knowledge, basic programming skills in any language
20. Prime Product knowledge, Component Product knowledge, Dealer network knowledge
21. Project management – Agile methodology
22. External experience as an Analyst for a Consulting company
23. 2-4 years experience with Caterpillar, working with a different unit or working with different products, processes or systems is desirable.
24. Professional English, Any other European language – French/ Spanish
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.