Job Title: Senior Corporate Counsel
Salary: £74,000-£100,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Car Allowance - £680pcm
Private Medical Healthcare
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation: Support may be considered
Sponsorship: Not Considered
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
About Caterpillar UK:
Caterpillar established its first major facility outside the United States more than 60 years ago in the United Kingdom. Today, we employ more than 10,000 people in 19 major facilities and are an integral part of the broader EAME (Europe, Africa & Middle East) region. The U.K. is one of our largest bases for Caterpillar outside the U.S., and our U.K. businesses export a significant portion of their manufactured products to a wide variety of customers and markets. We provide articulated trucks, building construction, defense, impact products, industrial power systems, and motion and power control systems. We also offer logistics, financial, remanufacturing services, and market our products globally.
We are socially responsible and environmentally aware. Our company is committed to a profitable and sustainable presence in the UK for the long-term benefit of all its stakeholders, not the least the communities in which our employees live and work. For more information please visit: www.uk.cat.com.
Caterpillar is seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to lead a team within our Legal Services group in Peterborough providing regional support for all our UK businesses. This will include Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD), which encompasses our Perkins Engines Company subsidiaries, with significant operations in the US and UK, and facilities in Brazil, China and India. Utilising an international collaborative network, the role will provide senior in-country support and direction to other Caterpillar business units that have operations in the UK.
This generalist role provides management, leadership and legal expertise on significant legal issues, conducts analysis and provides counsel to senior business leaders responsible for manufacturing operations and sales & marketing.
This exciting opportunity will provide the successful applicant with exposure to a global business leader with a diverse portfolio of businesses and an eclectic mix of products.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Handling or coordinating management of legal matters involving sales through dealer networks; direct sales; purchasing; real estate; competition; warranties; dispute resolution/litigation; bankruptcy of suppliers and distributors; product regulatory; labour and employment; environmental, and health and safety.
• Accountable to assess legal risk, identify and contribute to resolution of technical legal issues with a broad band of risk exposure with guidance from management. Typically, accountable for some day-to-day tactical legal issues.
• May help manage more complex tactical legal issues and provide inputs relevant to a broad array of strategy and problem-solving matters.
• Position is challenged to carefully evaluate unique legal problems and issues and make recommendations to higher leadership on the best course of action, calling on past examples and inputs from all areas of Legal Services as required.
• Will manage and mentor a small team of legal professionals.