Job Title: Buyer - Logistics Services
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Contract Type: Fixed Term 2 Years
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage High Street Discounts
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Supported
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
This position is based at our Peterborough site and will take ownership of the Logistics Services spend and supplier performance, with primary focus to facilities in the UK, Singapore and the USA.
As a Buyer, you will have the opportunity to provide purchasing solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, and Management to deliver maximum value. The role has a reporting line to the Indirect Procurement Manager. Travel to the other UK and International sites, may be required.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide commercial leadership on sourcing projects to select and implement 3rd Party Logistics Providers
• Act as the lead in negotiating supplier contracts with robust commercial structures
• Take ownership of Supplier performance and implement commercial and operational governance reviews, to drive progress against key operational and cost reduction objectives
• Implement and manage Master Purchase Service Agreements for Logistics Services
• Effectively manage Stakeholder communications to provide regular progress updates and drive local engagement
• Understand and work with BU partners on Logistics Services procurement issues and engaging with the specialist Category Teams as necessary.