Distribution Supervisor - 3rd shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2019
Moving material makes the world’s work possible.
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar customers and their equipment are hard at work in every corner of the globe, and they can’t afford to slow down or stop. They need our machines, engines and parts to do the world’s work. That’s what our logistics team makes possible—using the latest digital, analytics and data forecasting tools to move material where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Want to join this process-driven, results-oriented group?
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Distribution Supervisor on 3rd shift located in our Morton facility. As a Distribution Supervisor, you will supervise hourly personnel in the receipt, processing, packaging, storage, order filling and shipment of parts to Caterpillar dealers, Distribution Centers and Regional Distribution Centers to support the end users of Caterpillar equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of an effective work force by engaging and mentoring employees to follow all established work processes
- Leading teams working on problem resolution and process improvement
- Maintaining high employee morale by ensuring established work standards are delivered
- Ensuring parts inventory is received, processed and stored in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Responding to dealer calls and making immediate decisions to resolve the issue
- Providing necessary on the job training
- Improving productivity and quality by taking ownership of the process
- Conducts daily safety meetings to ensure that employees have the proper equipment to perform their jobs safely
- Provides training or counseling to correct any unsafe behavior observed by those who do not follow set work standards
- If represented, conducting grievance meetings with employees and union committeemen
- Preparing and maintaining necessary paperwork for hourly payroll and attendance records
- Minimum of 2-year college degree
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous experience in at least one of the following: operations, purchasing, parts ordering and/or inventory management
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Microsoft Office application experience
- Experience working with EWM (Extended Warehouse Management)
- Strong leadership, initiative and ability to develop working relationships with others
- 2-4 years in a warehouse environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Green belt experience in more than one 6 Sigma project
- Willingness to go off-shift and/or relocate as supervisor, assistant manager, etc. as needed to continue development
This opening is for a 3rd shift position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers