This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Grimbergen, Vlaams Brabant, Belgium
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2019
As a General Supervisor, you are responsible for the late shift timely execution of the Grimbergen Operations and Night shift activities in GDC.
Key Job functions include but not limited to:
· You report to the Logistics Center Manager and work in second shift (14-22). You lead the team of night shift supervisors in GDC/GD1 and the Operations Planner.
· You are the decision maker of operational activities outside of regular office hours within the Grimbergen Distribution Center.
· During second shift, you ensure that the operational outbound flows are aligned in order to meet the velocity targets (pick, pack, stage, ship in standard).
· You ensure that Operations meets internal and external (towards dealers, customers) expectations in the areas of safety, quality, service, velocity and cost.
· You drive improvement projects towards the achievement of the PQVC-standards.
· You work closely together with other divisions such as POFD, Transportation, HR, etc and with external contacts (dealers, forwarders, other Caterpillar divisions, contract packager etc..)
Scalable as SG 23 depending on the level of experience of the candidate.
· Very good communication, motivational and leadership skills
· Experience in management of operational warehouse activities.
· Analytical skills and experience in project management.
· Good understanding of the parts business and the supporting departments
· Fluent knowledge of Dutch, French and English
· Flexibility is a requirement