As a Project Engineer at Caterpillar, you will provide technical direction and expertise for assigned planning projects by developing project concepts, economic analysis of projects, software and hardware specifications, etc. for projects dealing with material handling systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform analytical studies and audits which will promote efficiency, economy and service in the parts operation
* Ensure the preparation of complete feasibility studies and investment proposals as they apply to material handling systems and long-range planning concepts
* Develop, prepare and implement long-range facility and plant expansion plans to accommodate systems technology, space utilization, future demand requirements and innovative management concepts
* Determine design alternatives, burden base hours, manpower requirements, etc. for projects that are to be implemented or proposed and determine machines, specifications, processes, etc. and develop drawings for presentations
* Responsible for developing and implementing new "Storage Concepts" systems for Parts Distribution worldwide
* Thorough knowledge of parts distribution methods, processes, equipment and facilities as well as costing methods and procedures applicable to parts distribution operations, the ability to organize projects, coordinate efforts of various departments and to secure acceptance of new programs and practices are ongoing requirements of this position
* A degree in Engineering
* 3 to 5 years of prior relevant experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.