Caterpillar’s Section Managers lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor and improve shop floor safety, aggressively eliminating unsafe processes;
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staff to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Ensures production material is procured and distributed to meet production schedules;
* Increases production efficiency through continuous improvement and waste elimination;
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others; and
* Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Section Value Stream Mapping;
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogs with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics; and
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* University or technical school degree in a Manufacturing-related degree;
* Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts; and
* Good language, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Previous experience leading teams and supervising people;
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment;
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.