As a Transportation Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to support the Ocean Global Transportation team and the Air, Freight Forwarding and Customs Brokerage Global Transportation team with Contract Management and Administration.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Soliciting, receiving, and managing service provider’s/carrier’s responses to bid request on airfreight and ocean lanes within the online procurement tool.
* Creating scenario modeling and executing the Global Transportation Procurement Strategy based on "Core Carrier Strategy" to perform cost benefit analysis of the data from bids.
* Making recommendations for the optimal service provider to Buyers, Assistant Buyers and/or Analyst.
* Developing, implementing and managing a process for Global Air Freight using the online procurement tool.
* Developing and maintaining a Spend Management tool for carriers/providers including what should be tracked and reported and how this information will be maintained.
* Facilitating all introduction and review meetings between Service Providers/Carriers and Buyers.
* Assisting in performing portions of Assistant Buyer’s daily functions to alleviate overburden, recommending reassignment of responsibilities between assignments and making work improvement suggestions such as employee cross training, procedural changes, etc. as necessary.
* Working closely with and facilitating meetings for Buyer and Analyst personnel to maintain rates and contracts and providing updates within the online
* Maintaining a contact database for all Global Service Providers /Carriers for Air, Ocean, Freight Forwarding, and Customs Brokerage.
* Confering with Legal to determine if the contracts are in the proper form and have the proper document retention and signatory approvals.
* Communicating updates to Legal and to Compliance.
* Monitoring and controlling all new contracts, terminations and amendments and maintaining a status log of such.
* Computing BAF (Bunker Adjustment Factor) and initiating the changes that are required globally via the online procurement tool.
* Updating data and runnning reports for financial impact on special projects and department cost savings.
* Responsible for achieving and maintaining disciplines relative to production control functions and participating with the implementation of New Product Introduction projects for these specific processes.
* Experience in and/or equivalent knowledge of various Operating, Transportation, Contracting, and Traffic in Supply Chain Logistics.
* 2 years of technical school, an apprenticeship program, a junior college diploma, or the equivalent experience.
* Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the Company and must have some degree of analytical skills.
* PC skills.
* Must be well organized, self-motivated and be able to multitask against multiple deadlines.
* A working knowledge of a rate management systems and/or procurement tools such as Pelyco and/or GT Nexus or Paralegal skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.