Research & Development Mechanic - Supplemental (Peoria Proving Grounds, East Peoria, IL)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Washington, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
As a Research Mechanic at Caterpillar Inc., you will continuously improve process efficiency by performing the assembling, fitting, and adjusting and/or dismantling required in the build or disassembly of prototype machines.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Work is widely diversified without established procedures
* Assembly, adjusting, fitting, fabrication and disassembly of components
* Fitting for cooling, air, hydraulic connections, and wiring harnesses for adaptation of the test device to the test machine.
* Installing necessary test leads and thermocouples as required for performing the test
* Assembly of entire prototype machine or the build up of subassemblies
* Incorporating improvements and developments in present production models
* Uses various precision gauging tools to check accuracy of assembly and fitting operations.
* Plans method and sequence of assembly
* Uses all common mechanic's hand tools, portable power tools, power presses, simple machines tools, and powered crane to assemble parts into complete unit, making alterations and hand fitting parts when necessary
* Makes suggestions concerning methods of overcoming difficulties encountered in assembly/disassembly, reasons for parts failure,
* Initiate possible changes in design to correct failures, and any other pertinent criticisms or data gained while performing assembly/disassembly or dismantling or machines.
* Possess 2-year technical degree in a field such as: earthmoving machines, diesel engines, or automotive mechanic. As an alternative, candidate must have earthmoving equipment dealer or military service technician experience greater than 2 years.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Heavy equipment or diesel engine mechanic experience
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers