This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking an Industry Representative. In this role you will consult with dealers to market Caterpillar Surface Mining products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability.
* Identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in assigned industry
* Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability; providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry.
* Assisting dealers on forecast, sales/rental/used strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service products);
* Analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers.
* Analyzing product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer.
* Assisting dealers with business planning within one industry; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization
* Responsibility for creation and leadership on deal strategy and dealer commercial development. This must include all of the key points in our SM&T strategy; selling our machines with Technology, Cat Financial, CSA’s; overall promote true Caterpillar Solutions. It is vital then to align with corresponding MTES, Caterpillar Financial, GCI and other relevant personnel.
* Responsible for S&OP in corresponding territory; managing all sales opportunities utilizing CRM Salesforce (opportunity creation, maintenance, pricing requests, adding Highlights, communication using chatter, utilization of reports and dashboards, etc.). Providing key information for determining Regional Unconstrained Demand Signal on a monthly basis; supporting our SM&T & MH&U Demand team.
* Understand and keeping current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. Responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc.
* Applying your knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and contribute to strategic planning. While provide direction to less experienced personnel.
* You will work with your leader to direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes.
Within the corresponding Territory the SM&T Industry Rep is responsible for:
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Extensive experience with mining products and their applications or 3 years field experience, equivalent to one previous field role
Top Candidates will also have:
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, to communicate effectively and to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Demonstrated the ability to work on larger scale, more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
* Proficiency in Spanish is highly desired
* Expected international Travel will be around 50%-75% (2-3 weeks per month)
* This position will be located in Tucson, AZ
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers