Section Manager - 3rd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Hodges, SC, United States
Date Posted: Aug 27, 2019
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and reman, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
The Large Power Systems Division has a 3rd shift Section Manager position located at our Hodges, SC facility. In this role, you will lead teams and supervise people in manufacturing sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Note: This position will train on first shift and then transition to third shift upon completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and improves shop floor safety, aggressively eliminates unsafe processes
- Assures proper fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules
- Determines priorities and sequences jobs
- Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements
- Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate
- Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules
- Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
- Evaluates, assess, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training
- Section Value Stream Mapping
- Actively deploys section value stream improvements
- Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
- Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members
- Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
- Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics; and leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedure
- Technical 2-year degree or 5
years prior experience in manufacturing environment
- 3+ years' in a Team Lead/Supervisory role
- 2+ years' experience Manufacturing and/or Operations
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.