As a Logistics Analyst on the Cat Logistics team, you perform both operational and tactical work to meet plant logistics deliverables. You receive direction from a Facility Logistics Engineers, and are responsible for ensuring material is shipped, received, stored or delivered quickly and efficiently.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Performing tasks to improve inbound and outbound material flow;
* Participating in continuous improvement projects;
* Investigating root causes and performing corrective action to resolve transportation issues;
* Maintaining service for industrial vehicle repair, performing all repairs and preventive maintenance for all vehicles plant-wide;
* Providing tactical management for inventory levels and daily operations;
* Scheduling supplier deliveries by common carrier and administering returnable container programs;
* Performing tasks supporting carrier collaboration, smooth operation of milk runs, coordination of third party logistics services, plant site material logistics, and managing supermarkets and kitting processes;
* Optimizing material flow throughout the plant site; and,
* Servicing production area needs in off shift hours.
* Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles;
* Analytical and problem solving skills;
* College or university degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering; and
* A minimum of one year of supply chain or related field job experience
* CPS Functional Job Role Qualification, and
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.