This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2019
Caterpillar’s Decatur facility is currently seeking Section Managers for 3rd shift for its Decatur, IL location, Supply Chain/Logistics Operations. In this role you will lead teams and supervise people in Warehouse, Dock, and Kitting sections to maximize efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Monitors and improves warehouse safety,
aggressively eliminates unsafe processes;
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules;
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs;
* Schedules and prioritizes constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements;
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate;
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule;
* Implements, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and others
* Evaluates, assesses, identifies and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Actively deploys section value stream improvements;
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles;
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members;
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement;
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
* In lieu of a degree, 5+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
* Prior experience in a Supervisor / Team Lead in a manufacturing environment OR project management experience
Top Candidates will also have:
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
* Previous experience managing direct reports
* Experience with Supply Chain and Logistics
* Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new systems
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers