This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, conduct a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties and projects. Assignments and work are generally broad in nature requiring a broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions. May make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes. May provide training, guidance and check the work of less experienced accounting staff. May research and provide guidance on proper classification of transactions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various Accounting units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Under limited supervision, performs a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties. Duties and responsibilities will be focused primarily toward activities requiring the use of in-depth accounting knowledge, practices and principles as well as ingenuity and originality. Appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions are within the scope of delegated authority.
2. Analyzes financial reports and records, and may make studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
3. May review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
4. When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Recommendations are made to management regarding the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
5. May make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes.
6. Applies a broad knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures.
7. May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
8. May participate in accounting system development, determining specifications, testing and implementation.
9. May lead a project as a team leader.
10. Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
11. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
2. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Demonstrated ingenuity and innovation.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
5. Thorough knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
6. Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use the software packages utilized by Accounting.
8. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline plus 18 credit hours of Accounting, or successful completion of the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam or the international equivalent. A minimum of 2-4 years of exempt accounting experience is recommended.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Plus if the candidate has their CPA/CMA