This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Perform moderately complex and varied accounting activities with limited supervision. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management, conferring with management on proper method for resolution. Duties may include: preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing management reports, analyzing financial reports and records, completing complex reconciliations, providing training on reconciliations and accounting processes, advising on correct general ledger accounts for transactions, completing complex reconciliations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various Accounting units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Performs accounting duties of a moderate complex and varied nature under minimal supervision. Some latitude for unreviewed decisions is within the scope of delegated authority.
2. Analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
3. May review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
4. May prepare financial statements.
5. When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Confers with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
6. Provides training and assistance for accounting work and processes.
7. Applies knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures to projects and day-to-day activities.
8. May participate in accounting system development, determining specifications, testing and implementation.
9. May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
10. Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
11. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced ability to seek out relevant information.
2. Ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
3. Thorough knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
4. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use the software packages utilized by Accounting.
6. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain intermediate level Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
7. Demonstrated initiative, leadership, judgment and the ability to communicate effectively.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in another discipline plus 18 credit hours of accounting.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Plus if the candidate has their CPA or CMA