What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Aftermarket Drilling Lead located in Houston, Texas. As an Aftermarket Drilling Lead at Caterpillar, you will assist in the development
of new and the management of existing Land Drilling service agreements. The successful candidate will execute through
the utilization of existing Land Drilling expertise and through the development
of sound business relationships.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with Land Drilling customers as well as with Caterpillar Dealers so that Service Agreement Growth objectives can be achieved
* Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and operational challenges
* Develop and execute account specific contract management strategies to enable the profitability and risk management of Land Drilling Service Agreements
* Develop and implement market strategies for key customers as well as secure commitment of Caterpillar Dealer resources to assure continued customer satisfaction.
* Act as a consultant to various departments within Cat Oil and Gas division regarding the direction and strategies that key Land Drilling industry leaders will be adopting in the future
* Work closely with the Cat Oil and Gas Global Service Division regarding contract development and management strategies
* Travel in the field to monitor and resolve issues regarding customer satisfaction and understand future product needs
* Take steps necessary to assure product health to maintain and enhance Services Agreement growth and profitability.
* Makes regular visits to job locations, foreign and domestic, to provide advice and counsel to customers and Caterpillar Dealers
* Position works independently with considerable freedom of action and is broadly subject to functional policies and divisional goals
* Manages the compliance of its own assignments and keeps up to date with new industry trends, changing technology and regulations affecting the competitive environment
* College or university degree or equivalent experience.
* 12+ years of Land Drilling industry experience to enable industry recognition and credibility
* Should have broad business background within the Land Drilling Industry including equipment design, manufacturing, operation and maintenance.
* Will either have had previous account management experience and/or supervisory experience within the company and/or was a fully contributing member on significant projects and/or teams.
* Generally requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Good communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
* Must be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.