Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar’s Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
As a Marketing Communications Consultant in Global Aftermarket Solutions, you will serve as a divisional expert and consultant for the management of marketing communications in support of Go-to-Market Strategy for Aftermarket initiatives and collaborate with business partners to execute the strategy. You will develop marketing communications strategies and provide communications support, using electronic, interactive, and other media in support of sales targets.
General: This position is recognized division-wide as a resourceful and reliable marketing communication resource who acts as the main communication coordinator between all affected groups. Develops strategic marketing communication plans and directs sales promotions development. Provides counsel to internal groups and directs work of outside suppliers and vendors to support the marketing strategy.
Project Development: Advises and directs creative developmental teams and division management to design, develop, produce, and support new media advancements, electronic media and database enhancements, tools and marketing communications programs or recommends changes to current ones.
Marketing Communications Strategy: The incumbent shall develop a robust communications strategy to support the Go-to Market Strategy for the region or regions if global in nature. The communications strategy and plans will define Caterpillar’s value proposition and reflect the collective positioning of assigned Aftermarket Solutions to these customers. In conjunction with business partners, the role will influence the dealers to adapt their overall communication’s strategies to include services marketing as a leading value proposition that solves customer pain points across a customer’s jobsite.
Advertising and Promotion: The incumbent shall develop advertising and promotional campaigns in support of the Go-to Market strategy and Business Plan. This includes development of trade press campaigns, value messaging, and requires heaving coordination with GASD and other Business Unit resources in order to execute regional and/or global aftermarket materials. There will be heavy emphasis in these roles to leverage digital media and alternative advertising means of social marketing for lead generation that will push the boundaries of interfacing directly with our customers.
The incumbent manages the completion of work assignments and coordinates work with others (e.g. GCI / BCP) as it relates to the very complex nature of go-to-market for Customer Value Agreements. Develops and maintains highly effective working relationships internal customers. Research’s, designs, presents, and gains approval of communication projects. Maintains and tracks purchase service agreements with these clients and provides other project-related direction and support to division's core resource areas.
• Relocation is not available for this position
• Moderate travel required (5% - 15% of working time). Initially if remote could be 25-40% to travel to Peoria
• 4 year college or university degree in business/marketing.
• 3+ years of solid expertise in aspects of marketing communications planning, media, promotional tactics OR campaign execution.
• 3+ years of Project Management experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• The position requires thorough knowledge of company services.
• This position demonstrates leadership capability in guiding coworkers and other internal Caterpillar employees in development of marketing communications and electronic database marketing initiatives.
• Candidates must have a broad business background, including thorough knowledge of company products and services.
• Be able to work with people of diversified ethnic & cultural backgrounds, whilst possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside of the business unit to take specific actions.
• Be able to work independently and remotely with minimal guidance and supervision.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.