This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2019
About Our Team
Deep technical expertise is critical to sustaining innovative and world class product development which delivers the best value to our customers. The mission of our Light Structures (LiS) team is to drive value across Resource Industry products in three primary domains: (1) design best practices and standard work, (2) design simplification and lean product development, (3) design innovation, integration and communization. We do this by developing and maintaining design guides, conducting L4 deep dive design reviews, execute functional projects, coaching and mentoring and nurturing the wider LiS technical community. We are a collection of experienced light structures design engineers and tech experts embedded within the product groups we serve. Our personnel are located in Decatur, East Peoria, Mossville, Aurora, Tucson and Peterlee.
Primary Job Duties/Responsibilities
This position applies expertise to a design scope which includes the major light structures subsystems (e.g. access systems, hoods, fenders, platforms, fuel tanks, guards, and enclosures). The type of component-level design in scope includes complex fabricated steel structures/weldments and non-metallic components. The engineering disciplines applicable include machine design, strength of materials, structural fatigue, advanced bolted joint design and noise/vibration/harshness.
* 5+ years design experience of fabricated structures.
* Experience directing the work of multiple design resources to achieve design goals.
* Executed all phases of at least one major new product development program.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in collaborative environment and to communicate effectively in cross functional teams.
* Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work on very complex assignments.
* Hands-on experience (e.g. machinery, heavy equipment, manufacturing processes, welding, etc.)
* Experience collaborating with global engineering service providers
* Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering degree.