What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Administrative Assistant supporting our Marine business located in Houston, Texas. As an Administrative Assistant with Caterpillar, you will provide advanced clerical, administrative, and analytical support to the marine and other units. In return, you will receive a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and join a dynamic and collaborative team.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Administrative: all aspects of travel, logistics including scheduling and coordinating conference calls, on-site/off-site meetings as well as group events, preparation of presentation materials, arranging customer/dealer/consultant visits (lodging, meals, scheduling, meetings, etc.) all while providing a professional customer service presence
* Communication: act as gatekeeper and manage all communication between other department personnel, internal team and staff members, stakeholders, dealers and occasionally customers, ensure direct reports, and staff are informed of communications and meetings, serve as the liaison, coordinate communications by receiving and passing along e-mails, notices, etc.
* Office Management: schedule day to day meetings, maintain calendars, and provide expense book reporting, mail & package distribution support. Incumbent will need to work with other parties to ensure availability and alignment for critical meetings as well as perform a “lookout” into the future to resolve meeting or activity conflicts.
* General: Responsible for supporting a global team across all time zones. Perform duties of sensitive and/or confidential nature and monitor and update processes for information sharing and confidentiality.
* In addition to the above duties, the incumbent spends a significant amount of time organizing and expediting workflow through the management team’s offices. Job duties require the use of advanced levels of understanding and skill in operating a personal computer and online systems for the purpose of typing, scheduling meetings, calendaring of events and activities, drafting meeting powerpoint templates, monthly reporting tasks, sending and receiving messages, and uploading and downloading information utilizing various software programs such as Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint, etc…).Utilize advanced functions in word processing, spreadsheet applications, advanced graphics etc.
The incumbent must use discretion, judgment and initiative to continue the work responsibilities of the office in an efficient manner when the manager is unavailable. Determine what can be handled immediately by direct reports, referred to others, held for manager’s return or completed by the administrative assistant independently.
The incumbent will support travel and lodging accommodations as required by the managers, be responsible for the details involved with managers’ visits to domestic and overseas locations, coordinate airline travel, prepare expense books and reconcile manager’s expense statement, and provide VISA support for the LEP team. Job duties require the use of Concur travel systems.
* 3+ years of experience working as an admin assistant within a corporate environment
* Experience scheduling/coordinating global travel and expense reporting such as Concur
* Proficient in Office 365 Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint, etc.) with the ability to easily navigate and create/edit content to be shared with senior leaders
Top Candidates will also have:
* Vocational training and administrative professional certification.
* Ability to think and work independently, as well as discretion and judgment to solve complex problems regarding prioritizing and scheduling projects and meetings
* Quick adaptability to new technology and be the trusted resource for your leader with any tech support, especially during the facilitation of team or executive level meetings
* Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain strong relationships with senior management
* A positive and friendly demeanor that supports the Caterpillar values as well as facilitates collaboration between individuals and departments. Flexibility to adapt to often and rapidly changing schedules.
* Superior planning and organization skills
This position is considered a part time job. The selected candidate will only work a maximum of 32 hours per week.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.