What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Cat Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Design / Senior Design Engineer in the Chicago suburbs or Houston area. In this position with Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to direct and participate in the design, development and testing of new product concepts and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares and directs concept, design, and development and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects
* Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
* Work with suppliers to develop new products as well as CPPD for issue resolutions
* Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
* Prepares development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
* Acts as the development team leader by interacting with Plant locations and General Offices departments
* Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products
* Coordinates product test with proven design and prototype build up and test areas
* Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the product project to ensure development schedules are met
* Travels to domestic suppliers, plants, and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field-test locations to evaluate a product improvement
* Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers and consultants
* Works with manufacturability teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls
* Be a contributing team member in a formal NPI team / process