This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2019
At Caterpillar, you are part of a work family that builds what matters! Come, play a pivotal role in building the next generation digital solutions that power worksites across the world.
As a Digital Technology Manager, you will be accountable for hiring, managing and
mentoring multiple teams of software engineers. You will be delivering a best-in-class condition
monitoring and product for Caterpillar dealers worldwide, to lower cost of service, and improve customer support
This position leads a team of developers and QA engineers, and is responsible for delivering
features and functionality aligned with the product roadmap and strategic direction, selecting tools and technology, and the creation of best practices and documentation, in the Caterpillar condition monitoring space.
· A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
· 8+ years of software development experience or at least 5+ years of experience with master’s
· 8+ years of experience in designing and developing software applications in Java or 5+ of
experience in Java with master’s degree in computer science or related field
· 3+ years of experience in managing software development teams
· 3+ years of experience in public cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
Top Candidates will also have:
· Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
· Ability to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-
· Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate responsibilities and execute tasks in a high-pressure
· Proven experience in many of the following:
· Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale
· Front end frameworks such as React, HTML5 & CSS
· Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle
· Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases
· Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
· Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
· 3+ years of deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS
· Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
· Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms
· Test driven development and behavior driven development.
· Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and
· Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
· Passion for technology and innovation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is preferred.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.