This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , Canada
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2019
nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible
and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar
to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining
equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and
diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them
with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and
anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart
Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its
competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great
things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in
Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results
through superior service and innovation.
As a Mining Technologies Application Specialist at Caterpillar, you will serve as a recognized expert in Mining Technology industry by leveraging outstanding mining technology application knowledge to improve mining operations, process, change management, increase customer loyalty, and improve sales force effectiveness.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Drive customer recognition of maximum value of product feature design, improved processes, and change management
* Support customers by providing product application expertise
* Serve as customer consultant to help them improve operations using MineStar technology
* People – Consult with site to ensure they have the correct organization to support mining technology
* Process – Consult with site to ensure key processes are in place to support mining technology
* Site Status – Benchmarks site performance using several metrics to ensure continuous improvement
* Support training of customer personnel in areas of expertise
* Increase customer and dealer knowledge of Caterpillar Technology Products and their application
* Deliver advanced training regionally, locally, and at customer sites. Training content will include advanced MineStar and reporting modules related to the application specific to the mining industry.
* Provide selective training on specific areas where our current product needs improvement
* Increase application expertise and transfer knowledge to others within Caterpillar
* Identify and document job/application profiles based on field observation working with customers
* Summarize recommendations based on a monthly site status reports and analysis
* Publish knowledge profiles for review by other product application specialists as a form of internal training and knowledge transfer
INCREASE AWARENESS & PRESENCE OF CATERPILLAR * Improve the industry’s perception of Caterpillar
* Actively participate in Society of Mining Engineers and other related associations
* Participate on special committees (mining processes, technology, training, safety, Sustainable Development, etc.)
-Must be enrolled full time at 4- year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Mining Engineering, Geology, Civil or Mechanical degrees.
-Must be willing to relocate domestically/internationally based upon business need
-Relevant internship or work experience related to Marketing, Mining or Engineering and/or leadership experience with student organization.
-Strong ability to work independently and to communicate with others in a variety of work environments.
-Intermediate Proficiency in any of the following Language: French Canadian, Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese, Bhasa or Russian.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers