This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
JOB DESCRIPTION: Service Engineer for managing and monitoring of electric drive LMT fleets in (Northern America Region) with focus on specific critical sites. In this role, the employee will be responsible for working closely with our Caterpillar dealer to closely monitor Caterpillar products, specifically electric drive LMT, at one or more mine sites, in the role of identifying, evaluating, documenting and communicating product improvement opportunities, and collaborating across multiple teams to implement those improvements. Your first-hand experiences will be used to improve our products.
* Become familiar with the product and regularly travel to dealerships and mines where the product is being used.
* Handle special projects on request from LMT and/or Product Support managers in the US and Canada.
* Support tech reps with handling managing service letter tracking, DPU reports and other on demand reporting monthly and/or quarterly
* Create detailed trip reports from all dealer and customer visits.
* Determine the scope of existing deficiencies and potential improvements, request engineering changes or manufacturing modifications to correct problems, and work through applicable departments to effect changes.
* Achieve practical solutions to product deficiencies and problems by providing accurate, up-to-date field failure information which you will summarize and communicate to engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
* Participate in the collection of reliability information used to set design goals and to quantitatively evaluate product reliability.
* Apprise Engineering and other management personnel of activities and/or status of product problems.
* Inspect parts returned for warranty claims; give advice and guidance to engineers; provide technical advice to dealer service personnel on products being followed; advise product groups on application problems; assist in preparation of literature concerning product; assist on product tooling and diagnostic recommendations; initiate rework campaigns; keep abreast of safety reports which could cause liability and high warranty cost; and establish and maintain good relations with dealers and related Caterpillar groups.
* Support mining truck Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects.
* Have ownership of at least one NPI/NMI/ field follow location and be the primary contact for all communication between Caterpillar and dealer.
* Assist dealers with the assembly and commissioning of field follow machines.
* Perform regularly scheduled inspections of field follow machines.
* Work closely with new and current dealers with electric drive fleet to ensure dealer is prepared to support product.
* Support and communication of machine down events with sense of urgency and speed of recovering machine to full operational.
* Ensure equipment is performing to highest possible individual/ fleet performance for physical availability and actively reporting those metrics to DPP. Critical site reporting.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and a passion for Heavy Mining Equipment.
* Demonstrable experience with excel, and powerpoint presentation skills
* Ability to communicate, host meetings and collaborate effectively with team members, other work groups, dealers, and customers.
* Experience in service, service engineering and/or product support of Heavy Equipment or related positions.
* Mining Experience