For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
The Logistics Information Services organization within the Product Support & Logistics Division is looking for an SAP Service Parts Management (SPM) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) / Sales & Distribution (SD) architect to strengthen its team. This position can be located in Morton, IL. Caterpillar is on the journey to implement SAP SPM in its global Aftermarket Parts Distribution business. Multiple implementations require expertise in SPM CRM-specific fields including Order Management, Claims & Returns, Billing & Pricing, and Global Trade Services. The candidate will focus on either one of these modules or a combination of these modules depending on prior expertise.
This Architect will work closely with project leads, analysts, and other architects to implement the SPM CRM & GTS modules at Caterpillar Parts Distribution facilities. The IT Architect will also provide thought leadership and direction on the future of Caterpillar implementation of S4/HANA (SD).
The IT Architect will define the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology in the enterprise and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs. The IT architect will utilize leadership skills, architect experience and SPM expertise to leverage existing SPM CRM system capabilities to deliver solutions.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert within one's technical domain
- Trusted advisor to business partners combining technical expertise and business acumen into value creation to the business.
- Lead Architecture design of integrated systems related for Service Parts Management
- Provides the Roadmap for the life cycle of SPM CRM/GTS & SD
- Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for simple to moderate complex projects
- Participates in Integrated End-to-End Architecture Solution for Strategic Enterprise Projects
- Participates in the evaluation of new technology standards
- Participates in technology evaluation and recommendations
- Participates in the development and maintenance of current and planned state architecture blue prints
- Provides input for Enterprise Technology and Application Rationalization efforts
- Applies an enterprise-wide view to solutions to support the adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
- Participates in the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
- Assists in the development and alignment of the IT Roadmaps with the IT and Business strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (IT) or equivalent
- 6+ years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Service Parts Management (SPM) or in SAP SD
- SAP Architecture experience: Architecture modeling, building block design, applications, and role design and systems integration
- Business case development & business process mapping experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Technical IT Skills
- Expertise in Service Parts Management CRM & GTS or SAP SD
- Expertise in any of the other SPM modules and integration with SPM CRM
- Expertise with S/4 HANA
- Program or Project Management Skills: Managing business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
- IT General Knowledge Skills: Brokering applications, asset management, migration planning, SLAs, etc.
- Deep expertise in at least one of the following areas: SPM CRM, GTS, or SAP SD
- Strong leadership, teamwork, inter-personal, and influential skills
- Business acumen in Aftermarket Spare/Service Parts Logistics
Location: Morton, IL
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.