This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pontiac, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Weld Specialist High School Intern you will spend the school year with the Caterpillar Pontiac Facility in conjunction with your school through the Co-Op program. You will help set up, operate and adjust manual and/or automatic machines to perform fabrication operations such as arc welding, automatic welding, electron beam welding, hand brazing, etc.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Orientation program/training
* Job Shadow operators to get a better understanding of fabrication in manufacturing.
* Help identify quality defects and follow the Built in Quality process to find the root cause of the issue.
* Understand control plans and how to follow the procedures that are written
* Networking and social opportunities
*Candidate must currently be enrolled in a Livingston County area High School as a Senior.
* Must be eligible to participate in your schools Co-Op program
* Must be legally authorized to work
in the United States.
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), safety, and quality
*This position is only for area High School Students as part of Caterpillar Pontiac’s Student Internship Program
* Position is located in Pontiac, IL.
* No relocation package is available
* Pay rate range is $11.00 to $12.00 an hour based on year in school at time of application
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process