This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Morton, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 22, 2019
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Planning Engineer I in our Morton, IL facility. As a Supply Chain Planning Engineer, you are responsible for meeting supplier performance targets for Global Parts supply. You will be managing suppliers in the Undercarriage and Ground Engaging Tools business segments.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Gathering, analyzing, understanding supplier capacity and capability constraints
Working to reduce / eliminate supply chain constraints by working with cross-functional teams
Gathering and analyzing supplier shipping performance data and variability % for key suppliers
Identifying supplier Past Due schedule issues and developing recovery plans by working closely with suppliers
Gathering, analyzing, and organizing data to be used in monthly supplier S&OP presentations for service parts
Leading monthly S&OP processes with key suppliers
Working effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply the supply chain planning process and leading team efforts to develop lean material flow plans
Working on various projects in the Global Parts Supply team to improve overall supply chain processes and management
• College or university degree or 5+ years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
• Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes
• Strong understanding and previous experience using common Inventory Management systems
• Leadership skills to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong customer focus
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• SAS programming/coding experience or knowledge
• 6 Sigma Green Belt or 6 Sigma project experience
• A background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing / Operations, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
• APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
• Experience with the CPS RIW and Value Stream Transformation process
• Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst or Engineer
• Strong collaborative, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to drive common supply chain processes across multiple departments within a business division
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively solve complex problems
• Strong team player in order to effectively deploy supply chain improvements as part of a team
• Understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
• Ability to analyze business conditions and situations needed to minimize disruption to daily requirements
• Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.