Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Caterpillar’s Hydraulic Mining Shovels (HMS), a department within Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking a Product Service Engineer to be located at the Caterpillar Tucson Mining Center in Tucson, AZ. This position will work closely with Caterpillar dealers, customers, field representatives, engineers, and supply chain partners. Provide technical support, ensuring maximum machine uptime, fair value, and satisfaction with our products. Candidates will have advanced technical skills in investigation, troubleshooting, and problem-solving across multiple machine systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Dealer Solution Network (DSN) support
* Contribute to customer
satisfaction and acceptance of HMS machines
* In field evaluation of performance and provide on-site technical counsel to districts, dealers and customers in problem investigation/troubleshooting, new HMS assembly, delivery and application
* Provide practical solutions to product problems and commercial deficiencies
* Identify, determine scope, and commercial impact of product problems and deficiencies
* Formulate containment and production fixes directly through first-hand knowledge or close cooperation with business units
* Support Continuous Product Improvement and New Product Introduction initiatives
* Communicate sensitive problem resolution and improvement information to the field
* Manage field tests
* Influence functional specifications, design and improvement of assigned products
* Participate in the collection of reliability information used to set design goals and to quantitatively evaluate product reliability
* 2+ years product support experience; or 5+ years of mining / earthmoving equipment engineering or field experience.
*Ability to collaborate with field team, dealers, and customers to resolve complicated technical issues.
* Considerable technical, product
and service knowledge of Hydraulic Mining Shovels, earthmoving products and/or
* Ability to resolve complicated technical problems in remote locations with limited information and communications.
* Process oriented
* Self-motivated and organized
* Second/third language skills (preferably Spanish, German…)
* Availability and desire to travel domestically and/or internationally on assignment to dealer locations and mine sites – approx. 25-40%
* Environmental conditions – This position requires mine site support work at times. The selected service engineer will be required to complete and pass regulatory mine safety training, travel to, and work for short periods of time in mining environments. Time spent in a mining environment is typically 5-10 days.
* This position is primarily performed during normal day shift hours but does include some off-shift and weekend responsibilities.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers