What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Analyst located in Alpharetta, Georgia. As a Project Management Analyst at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for successful execution of customer projects and/or accounts from Order Entry through Project Closeout. Additional responsibilities may include the management and execution of major Aftermarket projects (upgrades, retrofits, etc.) This position works with cross-functional multi-project team resources to ensure expectations are delivered according to defined scope, timeline, documentation, and cost parameters.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage Contract and Purchase Order language
* Effectively negotiate project contractual and change order situations
* Manage Financial and Milestone management of project
* Contract and Change Order Claim negotiation, preparation and administration
* Delegate responsibilities for efficient and effective results
* Review projects for accuracy and compliance to order/quote, PO, spec, and customer’s expectations
* Monitor Team member’s performance for milestone and schedule compliance
* Provide escalation support to the organization
* Startup accrual review
* Market/Competitive Knowledge; knows major competitors in the market area and their alignment with distributors and major customers
* Successful candidate must be able to work in a Team environment, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and demonstrate ability to take ownership of assignment and customer satisfaction
* 3+ years of experience in dealing with multiple disciplines such as contractors, consultants, engineering, sales, purchasing, and commissioning agents
* Knowledge of plant front-end scheduling, engineering and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional technical teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
* Demonstrated experience directing internal and client teams involved in multiple activities
* Demonstrated knowledge of project and business management principles, methods and techniques
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
* Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure project execution activities
* Demonstrated skills and experience in mediation and negotiation
* Strong verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
Top Candidates will also have:
* BS/BA degree in technical, business or a financial field
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.