This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: Represent and/or deploy a set of Caterpillar’s world class industry and aftermarket solutions with our industry and/or Dealer partners. Work with appropriate partners and collaborate to drive deployment of Digital and Technology capabilities, focusing on monitoring, health, maintenance and/or utilization features for connected assets.
A Digital Consultant 2 works with appropriate business unit, industry group and/or Dealer contacts to drive digital execution within the framework of enterprise tools, processes and strategies. Interacts extensively with appropriate digital team members, capability owners, data owners and analytics in order to understand the appropriate capabilities, integration points and deployment status as well as providing business requirements back into the Cat Digital organization. Initiates digital projects and activities to identify linkages and synergies across business units, industries and/or Dealers.
Drives proper collaboration, coordination, training, communication and alignment among related areas, projects and strategies within the team and with internal and/or Dealer partners.
Assists appropriate industry groups and/or Dealers identify issues and problems requiring careful analysis and coordinates efforts to provide solutions. Interacts and gains experience with digital capabilities to develop strong digital acumen to communicate with partners and stakeholders.
Tracks and monitors progress, typically via metrics reporting. Other job duties assigned as needed.
• A bachelors level degree or equivalent professional experience is required.
• 2+ years Digital, technology, marketing or digital project management experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Broad business background with industry knowledge
• Basic knowledge of business accounting practices
• Experience with subscription-based services including recurring billing, promotions and
• Strong business and technical acumen
• Previous marketing and or field experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and
externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
• Resolve sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new or alternative
methods or approaches to deliver value through digital or technology solutions
• Good interpersonal skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship
with others inside and outside the business unit.
• Skilled and experienced with Agile or Scaled Agile development practices
• Work on large scale complex assignments
• Manage, facilitate, guide and/or assist extended, cross functional and globally distributed team
members to complete assigned tasks on time and with quality.
• Experience converting customer requirements to technical specifications
• Experience with requirements management including decomposition, sprint planning,
development processes, testing processes, and delivery as well as problem identification and
• Experienced managing deliverables in Service Oriented Architecture with multi generations of
technology and technical implementations conveying technical information and development
Key competencies for the role are Business Acumen, Composure, Conflict Management, Creativity, Drive for Results, Learning Quickly, Listening, Planning, Process Management, Self-Development and Communication.