As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Caterpillar you will be responsible for manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment to economically produce products, components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide supervisory support to Operations and Product Managers for automated manufacturing systems, manufacturing processes, and checking equipment, tooling and robust work standards
* Work closely with product engineering, marketing, customer services and Operations Managers to ensure common goals in support of product group objectives
* Responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by managing specific technical functions
* Supervise Manufacturing Engineering and Support personnel
* Uses computer aided design to provide graphic job instructions
* Uses NC and robotic programs
* Develops facility layout and area allocations
* Ensures relevant regulatory compliance
* Ensures optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements
* Coordinates release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand
* Ensures implementation of modern technology and verifies the effectiveness of equipment and systems
* Establishes standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
* Works jointly with marketing, engineering and customer services areas on concurrent product and process designs
* Provides project management support for major systems and equipment installations
* Responsible for managing new product programs including coordination of product design, component processing, sales forecasting, customer support, scheduling and financial issues;
* Provides training and development for direct reports
* Provides technical input and management approval for relevant projects
* Develops and maintains budgetary controls for the section
* Establishes and reviews objectives, and provides personnel requirements and future forecasts;
* Maintains awareness of new technology and evaluates its value to the profit center
* Assists staff in developing and implementing new systems and keeps other areas informed of progress
* Effectively utilizes Class A, 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
* Technical school or college or university degree in an engineering and/or manufacturing/operations-related discipline
* 5 to 7 years manufacturing experience in tactical and supervisory leadership roles
* Thorough knowledge of the planning system, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling
* Analytical skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.