Supplier Development Engineer II
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019
We encourage our people to stretch their capabilities and use their expertise to help us deliver on our strategy and contribute to our long-term goals. We drive clarity in our decision making, allowing you to focus on the most important opportunities that help ensure we remain a winning team.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Supplier Development Engineer located in the Peoria, IL. As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to Product Sourcing Teams for evaluation and development of new and existing suppliers worldwide, while maximizing Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, and Management at the supply base.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with suppliers to assure proper process control standards are in place and continuously monitor key manufacturing processes for improvement opportunities
- Ensure suppliers have adequate people, training, tooling, fixturing, and equipment
- Facilitate APQP through FMEA’s, control plans, PPAP’s, process flow, and capability studies
- Support Product Sourcing Strategy and provide technical leadership in New Product Introduction and supplier selection
- Evaluate and develop new supplier’s technological capability to meet requirements for Caterpillar Inc. Supplier Excellence Program
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of technological developments and trends for guidance of commodity teams in advancements of design, quality, and manufacturing
- Provide resolution and ensure implementation of robust solutions for quality problems associated with the purchased materials, logistics, and engineering issues
- Support Reduced Purchased Material (RPM) initiative by providing technical leadership in low cost supplier process improvement, VA/VE, and should cost modeling
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of job-related experience
- A manufacturing engineering or operations background with familiarity to manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies
- Good human relation/communication skills as well as possess the potential for leadership is required to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of Caterpillar
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured root cause corrective action (RCCA, 8D, and BIQ), problem solving techniques, and continuous improvement
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with steel fabrication and steel casting processes
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques of 6 Sigma methodology as well as Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge and experiences of APQP, including PPAP process, FMEA’s, control plans, process flow and capability studies
- Experience with Project Management tools and techniques
- Ability to use and demonstrate statistical and problem-solving tools
- Experience with manufacturing cost drivers and/or should cost modeling
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.